Wednesday 14 August 2013

Figs and Rouge Coco Rose Lip Balm

Due to being a subscriber of Glossybox, I get a box of random beauty products through my door every month. As part of the June box, I received a tube of the Figs and Rouge Coco Rose Lip Balm. Figs and Rouge is a brand I had never heard of before but I am always willing to give something new a try, hence me subscribing to a thing such as Glossybox. Although mine came with my monthly subscription, a full size (12.5ml) tube of this product costs £5.

The lip balm comes in a very loud and colourful tube which definitely stood out in comparison to the other products I received. This product comes in an aluminium tube which is mostly covered in a bright pink colour with pictures of little storks. There are also hints of yellow, green and black which feature on the lid and the printed text. Wrapped around the Figs and Rouge logo are the statements that this is a 100% natural and 100% pure product as well as the fact that it is moisturising and soothing. These are great claims that I was hoping would stand up.

In order to use the lip balm, the bright green cap needs unscrewing. After this, it is possible to see the glittery pink balm inside the tube. As the name of this product is Coco Rose I wasn’t sure whether to expect pink or a chocolate looking product but I did like the colour that it was. The balm squeezes out with ease so care needs to be taken when doing this as you could end up with it everywhere if you squeeze too hard. The balm is also quite thick in consistency. Sometimes, thick creams and balms can be tough to rub in but not this one. With just a tiny amount on the end of my finger, I was easily able to rub this into my lips and it was absorbed really well. If you do use too much in one go, your lips can end up feeling quite greasy which isn’t a nice feeling.


Something I wasn’t expecting with this product for it to not really have a particular scent. However, it does have quite a strange taste to it which I can’t quite put my finger on. It neither tastes completely of rose nor coco but I would say it does lean closer to coco. This isn’t a taste that I like though so quite quickly I was put off this product. While I didn’t like the taste, I did like how it looked and felt on my lips. The balm gives a lovely pink, glittery sheen to my lips which is a nice look if you don’t want something as heavy as lipstick or lip gloss.


Even though I didn’t like the taste of this product, I did stick with it to see what the results would be like. The lip balm is extremely moisturising and after a couple of days, my lips were a lot softer and smoother than they normally are. However, this lip balm is more expensive than what I would normally pay for this kind of product and I don’t think it works much better than a cheaper alternative. That, plus the fact that I didn’t like how it tasted means that it just isn’t a product for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment