Thursday 7 March 2013

Urban Decay Primer Potion


Urban Decay Primer Potion is something that I swear by. I have both the Book of Shadows 1 and 2 and they both came with a primer potion (sample size) inside. I had previously never used anything like this before but I have always ended up with creased eye shadow by the end of the day, even using Urban Decay ones.
Primer potion comes in a small purple container (purple is Urban Decay's signature colour) which is quite strangly shaped because it has quite a few curves. The applicator wand is one much like an eye shadow basic applicator or lip gloss wand. The potion itself is a neutral colour so if you aren't very precise it wont matter because you wont be able to tell and the consistency is quite thick like foundation. Because the container is purple, you can't actually see inside so knowing how much you have left can be tricky.
To apply, just coat your whole eyelid with the potion and leave to dry for about half a minute or so. I have found that it doesn't really matter how long you wait though as I have put eye shadow on straight after and after about 3 or 4 minutes. The result is still the same. The potion acts like a magnet for eye shadow and makes any power stick for the whole day. Obviously, if you haven't been very precise with the potion, you could end up with eye shadow in weird places that wont look very good.
Even though this product makes eye shadow stay where it should all day long, it is also very easy to remove and wont take any harsh rubbing to get it off. I love how easy it is to put on because I don't really have time to mess around in the mornings (I would much rather have an extra half an hour in bed). I also use this on my lower lashes for a night out when I use brighter coloured eye shadows as eyeliners. Before using this, I found that the eye shadow had worn off after a couple of hours but now it is still there when I get home.
The two sample sized potions that I got with my boxes have lasted me a long time and because of this, I wouldn't hesitate in paying the £11.50 for a full sized version. I know this sounds expensive but it would save you money in the long run when you have to reapply or sort out your eye shadow at different times of the day.
Primer potion is by far my favourite product from Urban Decay and I would never be without it now. Although I mainly use Urban Decay eye shadows, I have tested this product with other brands and it still works just as well.
Urban Decay is available in Debenhams, Boots and House of Frasier and some products from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment