Thursday 21 February 2013

Collection 2000 Pump Up The Volume Mascara


I’ve been using the Maybelline Cat Eyes mascara for quite some time now and as mine was running out, I decided it was time for a change. When looking around in Boots, I found the Collection 2000 Pump Up The Volume Mascara on offer for £3.99 which actually only had £1 off. Still, I didn’t want to buy something really expensive and figured that this was worth a shot.

Collection 2000 claim that this mascara ‘delivers up to 12x more volume to give the impression of false lashes without the fiddling. Intensely volumising mascara for bold, fanned out lashes. The Unique curved brush holds extra product for maximum coverage’

The mascara comes in a black and yellow mascara tube, which has a screw top lid. The top of the lid has a bit that is clear although I have no idea why, The packaging is bright and stands out on the shelf, which is partly why I was drawn to it. The front of the tube has the Collection 2000 brand name and the name of the mascara. The back of the tube has the product information, such as a description of what it does and the barcode.

This mascara is available in three colours: black, ultra black and waterproof black. I chose the ultra black because my eyelashes are so light normally. Another reason why I chose this mascara is because I could see by a display that it had a traditional type of brush. By that I mean it isn’t one of these new, horrible plastic brushes. I just don’t get along with them. When you unscrew the lid and pull out the mascara wand, you’ll be able to see the big, thick brush at the top. This is a much thicker brush than I am used to using and it took me a while to get used to it without getting black all over my eyelid.

Just the Mascara
I do use eyelash curlers before putting on mascara so this should be noted when talking about the results. After curling my eyelashes, they were very curled before putting on the mascara. As I said before, the brush is extremely thick and there is a lot of product on it when you pull it out of the tube. As I applied the mascara to my eyelashes, I could see them drop quite quickly. Although the mascara is extremely black, it is also very thick and maybe this weighed my lashes down compared to other mascaras. Although my eyelashes did stay more curled than without curlers or mascara, they definitely did not look like falsies.

With a bit of eyeliner
I’ve been using this mascara for a while now in the hopes that maybe I just get more used to it but so far, this hasn’t happened really. The mascara still goes on extremely thick and while it doesn’t clump, it doesn’t do what it says it will either. I can’t see that this mascara does anything other than make my lashes a lot darker as it certainly doesn’t volumise them by much. Even though this was a cheap mascara, I was still expecting better. I know that from now on I won’t be trying anything cheap again because my lashes are just too straight to risk it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment