Tuesday 5 February 2013

Wilko Sweet Shower Smoothie Vanilla & Honey


After Christmas, I treat myself to some more of the Wilko bath and shower range after liking everything I had bought so far. One product I bought was the Wilko Sweet Shower Smoothie Vanilla & Honey.

This shower smoothie comes in a squeezy tube made from a thin plastic. Some of the tube is clear while most of it is covered with a brown printed on label. The label has on it the Wilko logo, name of the product, ‘sweet’ in large lettering down the right hand side as well as a picture of honey and vanilla. At the bottom of the tube, there is a large black flip top cap which is where the product inside comes out of. Unfortunately, like other products in this range, I find the cap at the bottom quite hard to open, especially with wet hands in the shower. After opening for the first time, I tend to now leave these caps slightly open and don’t click them closed anymore. I wish the caps were a bit softer in their opening because it does hurt my fingers sometimes.

Although the packaging does warn this this is a ‘sweet’ product, I don’t think I was quite ready for just how sweet the scent is. When I first poured some of the smoothie onto my shower puff, the scent of the vanilla mixed with honey hit me immediately. The scent only got even sweeter as I mixed the smoothie with hot water. While I normally love anything with vanilla in it, this smoothie was just far too sweet for me and I actually can’t stand the smell of it. Even though this is a smoothie, a mixture of shower gel and a shower scrub, it still lathers up well on the shower puff. The smoothie does feel really good on my skin and because of the small scrubby bits, my skin feels smoother and buffed after using this.

As this is a Wilko product, it can only be found in stores or online. At the minute, these are on offer 2 for £1.50 or £1 each, which is why I stocked up on them. Even though the price is really good, I just can’t get over how sweet the smell of this shower smoothie is so I won’t be buying it again.  

3 comments:

  1. Aww what a shame, as such a bargain! But always worth a try when the price is so low! :)

    Hayley
    http://sparklesandstretchmarks.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Returning your follow from the blog hop! What a lovely blog you have here. Looking forward to lots of reviews :) Are you on Twitter, FB, and Pinterest? Let's connect there as well. It's always so nice to meet new bloggers and build up each other's numbers :) Here is our info. Leave us a message on each so we know where to follow back. If you follow on FB, could you please follow under your personal account (FB doesn't count followers from 'Pages'). Looking forward to getting to know you!
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sugar-Aunts/406711342711382
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/sugaraunts
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/thesugaraunts/

    Thanks and Have a Lovely Day!
    Colleen from Sugar Aunts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm here to return the favor :)

    http://letstalkaboutme-sara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete