Thursday 23 May 2013

Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder


Recently, I left a bag on a bus which had all of my essential make-up in it. Going away for a few days later that day meant that I had to replace my whole basic make-up kit. Luckily, there is a Boots across from where I work so I was able to go and pick things up quickly. However, in regards to face powder, I have never used it as I have had Avon face pearls for years. As I couldn’t get these, I had to pick a substitute and I came away with Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder. I didn’t want to spend a lot on something I wasn’t completely sure about so I chose a cheaper brand than I normally would have.

The Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder costs £3.99 and is only available from Boots shops or online. I did look at other brands before choosing this one but they were all too expensive and I was unsure about what to buy in the first place. This pressed powder is available in three different shades which are natural fair, silky beige and porcelain. I chose for the natural fair as there wasn’t an ivory option. The three options available aren’t enough of a range in my opinion as they certainly don’t suit every skin colour.

The powder comes in a very dark case although I can’t decide whether it is black or navy. On the top of the case there is the name of the product, brand logo and the statement ‘up to 16 hours shine control’. The case is pretty basic looking but it does what it needs to. I liked the fact that it claimed to last 16 hours as I am sometimes on the go from 7am until 10pm so I need something that will last. Once you flip up the lid, inside is a mirror on the inside of the lid and then the pressed powder on the bottom. The powder is initially covered by a plastic disc and underneath that is a soft round cloth to apply to powder with.

Although a cloth/ sponge is supplied, I like to use soft brushes to apply any kind
of make-up so I didn’t use this. The powder came away easily on my powder brush with one short sweep across. As the powder is easy to use, you do not need to use much in one go. I found that one sweep across was enough for half of my face and then again for the other half. Although a cheap powder, this does work really well. The finish on my skin was fantastic and the powder made my face look extremely smooth and healthier looking.

This powder is also oil free so you don’t need to worry too much about your skin looking shiny and greasy. The first time I used this, I applied to my whole face at 10am and it was still looking good at 8pm at night. I would have reapplied though if I were going out again just for a touch up. While I don’t think this can cope with the full 16 hours, it lasts a great amount of time and I wouldn’t mind reapplying once throughout the day.

I am really pleased with this pressed powder and after using face pearls for so many years, I am now converted.

No comments:

Post a Comment