Saturday 25 May 2013

Soap & Glory Calm One, Calm All Bubble Bath


As a gift for my birthday, my sister got me a few different Soap & Glory products, something which I had never used up until this point. She knows how much I love my baths so one thing I got was the Soap & Glory Calm One, Calm All Bubble Bath.

Soap & Glory is available in Boots and online and there are often 3 for 2 offers on this brand. For a 500ml bottle of this bubble bath, you can expect to pay around £5.50. I think this is why I have never bought the brand before though. I have never seen the point in spending this much on a bubble bath.

The Soap & Glory brand always comes in vintage style packaging, which I really like. The see through plastic bottle has a large pink sticker attached to it and this is where you find all of the product information. The bottle also has a lot of different fonts of writing, which at first I didn’t like too much but now I think it makes the bottle look more interesting. The cap is a twist off and you need to give the bottle a little squeeze in order to make the liquid come out.

Soap & Glory describe the bubble bath as; ‘Our deluxe formula comes with a built-in body lotion plus lemon balm, mallow extracts and moisture-magnetising skin conditioners to smooth you while they soothe you. Scented with our Original Pink™ fragrance.’

Before even opening the bottle, you are able to see that the bubble bath is a lovely, soft pink colour. Once the bottle is open, you can smell what this bubble bath is like. I cannot exactly pinpoint what it smells like but the best way I think to describe it is as girly. There is a definite hint of lemon there as well. While this smells nice in the bottle, it smells even better once you put it in hot/ warm water. Although Soap & Glory advise to use a few capfuls, I find that you only really need to use one, unless you want the bath overflowing with bubbles.

After one capful, my bathroom is filled with a sweet and fruity aroma and the bath is filled with bubbles. I wasn’t expecting this to foam up quite as well as it did even though it is an expensive product. Also, the bath water becomes exceptionally soft and silky which is one of the features of this product that I really love. Soap & Glory also claim that this bubble bath will help you to de-stress and they are absolutely right. Having a bath filled with this product and the bubbles it produces is really relaxing and I cannot help but stay in the bath for about an hour.

Not only does this feel great while in the water but it also makes my skin really soft and smooth. After getting out of the bath, I can instantly feel that my skin is softer than usual. This is a really good moisturising bubble bath so it is a shame that I don’t use it more often really. If the price was slightly less, I would use it at least a couple of times a week but I’m trying to make the bottle last me a while.

Although this is an expensive product, I absolutely love it. I don’t use it all the time though, maybe once a week. I will be buying this again for sure now that I don’t particularly care about the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment