Wednesday 12 June 2013

Boots Eyelash Curler


My eyelashes are extremely straight and have absolutely no curl or curve to them whatsoever. Using an eyelash curler is part of my every day make-up regime and I cannot live without this product. When I lost my make-up bag, the first item I went to repurchase was an eyelash curler and I ended up with the Boots eyelash curler.

This eyelash curler comes in very simple packaging which consists only of a little plastic bag. This hangs on a hook on the shelves in the shop. The front of the plastic bag is see through with the Boots logo printed on it as well as the name of the product. The back of the bag has the barcode and a little description about the eyelash curler and how to use them. The packaging is far from exciting and I’m sure it could be something nicer like a box maybe.

The eyelash curler itself is made from black metal with two finger holes at the bottom and the curler part at the top. You also get an extra little foam pad with this eyelash curler for when the one already in use gets flattened. This extra pad is attached to the handles of the curler but can easily be removed as it tends to get in the way if you leave it on.

Eyelash curlers are designed for use before using mascara so be sure that your eyelashes are both dry and clean. By opening up the curler with the finger holes, you then proceed to clamp them over your eyelashes, starting right at the roots, for 15-30 seconds. I find 30 seconds is plenty of time to get the desired results. After only the first use, I could tell that I was going to love this product. These eyelash curlers work so much better than my old ones (I can’t remember where they were from though). My eyelashes were curled wonderfully and looked even better once I had mascara on as well.

These eyelash curlers cost £4.50, which I did think was a little expensive considering they’re Boots on brand. However, they work really well and are worth the money to me. 

1 comment:

  1. I have an eyelash curler but I always forget to use it, Boots own brand stuff can be expensive enough but it always seems to work well.

    ReplyDelete