Monday 10 June 2013

No. 7 Exquisite Curl Mascara


For so long, I have been using Maybelline mascaras because I know they have the kinds of brushes I like. However, I wanted to try something a little different and a little bit more expensive this time around. I’ve always liked products in the No. 7 range so thought I would try one of these. What I ended up with was the No. 7 Exquisite Curl Mascara. I chose this one in particular because my eyelashes are pretty straight and definitely need some help in the curl department.

The mascara comes in a very girly, metallic pink tube. I absolutely love the colour of the packaging and this is what drew me to look at it in the first place. The text on the packaging is quite simple, stating the No. 7 logo, the name of the mascara and a description which reads; ‘For beautiful curve and volume.’ Some mascara tubes are extremely bright and busy looking depending on the brand you buy so it was nice to see something which was much more simple.

I’m not a fan of these new, strange mascara wands. I like a classic mascara wand which is another reason why I bought this particular product. As you unscrew the lid and pull out the wand, you can see it is a lovely thick wand which is covered in nice, dark mascara. The wand is also curved instead of being straight which is something I would have expected with a curling mascara. A little too much does come out with the wand but this is easily wiped off on the mascara tube.

Applying the mascara is exactly how you would with any other – start at the roots and work outwards. After applying the first coat, I instantly noticed some added curl to my lashes although the volume was not fantastic. With only one coat though, this mascara did separate my lashes really well and there weren’t any clumps whatsoever. After a second coat, my lashes were curled a bit more and there was a lot more volume, which resulted in a look that I liked very much. As I bought the black version (also available in brown), my lashes were also very dark.

This mascara did a pretty good job of doing what it said it would. I also tried using this product with the additional help of eyelash curlers. By using these as well, my eyelashes ended up having fantastic curl to them and great volume. While this product does work well on its own (for people with already curly lashes) I prefer to use it with the eyelash curlers.

The No. 7 Exquisite Curl Mascara costs £11.

1 comment:

  1. I've never used No.7 mascara but I have an ongoing list of stuff to pick up with the No.7 vouchers from Boots! x

    ReplyDelete