Friday 28 June 2013

No. 7 High Shine Lip Gloss and swatch


Seeing as Boots/ No. 7 kept throwing vouchers at me recently, I decided to treat myself to some lip gloss. I’m more a fan of lipsticks really but I wanted to try something different. The No. 7 High Shine Lip Gloss stood out to me as there was a great range of colours on offer. This product costs £8.50 normally although with my £5 off voucher, it only cost me £3.50.

The lip gloss comes in a sleek looking bottle. It is made out of a hard plastic which means it can withstand quite a bit bashing about in a handbag. The bottom half of the tube is mostly clear plastic with the No. 7 logo printed on and the name of the product. The lid is black plastic and twists off to reveal a long handle which has the applicator at the end. The applicator is thick and comes out covered in lip gloss.

The applicator is fairly large and pointed slightly at the tips. I really like the applicator as it has a large enough part to cover the thicker parts of your lips but the pointed tips make it possible to use the applicator as a sort of lip liner.  With this, you are able to outline your lips in the gloss and then fill in the middles which gives a very even application.

This range from No. 7 has a total of 15 shades on offer and I bought Plum Blush, which is a mix between purple and a dark pink. This is very much like the colours of other lipsticks I have from both No. 7 and other make-up brands so I knew I was going to like the colour regardless. You can use this on top of lipsticks and on its own which gives great but different effects as it can make the colour look very different.

The No. 7 High Shine Lip Gloss claims to be collagen boosting, meaning it gives you thicker and fuller looking lips. I am quite happy to say that yes, it does do this. My lips are quite thin and after using this, they did look a lot fuller. This also claims to be moisturising but I haven’t felt the effect of this claim too much.

While this lip gloss looks great on, it doesn’t last very long. Unlike a lipstick, this doesn’t last through eating, drinking, smoking etc. It only took an hour or so for every bit of lip gloss to wear off on my lips and I don’t like having to reapply so often. If this product had lasted longer on my lips, I would have liked it a lot more. I will probably only use this when I know I only need it on for a short amount of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment