Tuesday 4 June 2013

Rimmel Glam Eyes Trio


When I recently re-bought my basic make-up kit, I also threw in an eye shadow which is something I don’t wear every day anymore. However, I was going to the opera and wanted a bit more make up than usual. I also wanted something I could easily carry around with me/ take on holiday in September. While in Boots, I came across the Rimmel Glam Eyes Trio. As this would suggest, you get three eye shadows and they are available in a variety of colours. I went for the one with black, grey and silver though as smoky eyes are always a good look.

As a Rimmel product, this eye shadow trio is available in shops such as Boots and Superdrug and many places online. RRP is £6.49.  

The trio of eye shadows comes in a small, black plastic casing which opens easily as you push up the top lid. Most of the lid is see through although the edges are black. The lid also has the Rimmel London logo printed on in white which is a nice contrast to the black. You can see that inside are three different eye shadows, each of a different size and shape as well as a double ended applicator.

The Rimmel Glam Eyes Trio comes in 7 different shades and I purchased Twilight Zone. Each of the eye shadows feels very soft to the touch when using your fingers. All of the three compartments have a diamond effect carved into the eye shadow which looks really nice. The larger section also has the Rimmel London crown sign carved into it. I think the finish of these eye shadows make them look a lot more expensive than they actually are.

Each of the eye shadow shades in this box are put together to complement each other. While I got black, silver and a dark grey, others have colours such as light blue, navy and a silvery colour. Rimmel make it easy for people to match their colours well and to experiment with the effects of the colour combinations.

These are eye shadows which are very easy to apply. I have to say here that I didn’t use the applicator provided but my own eye shadow brushes. I used the silver in the inside of my eye, the grey in the middle and then smudged the black in the crease of my eye as well as the outer area of my eyelid. This created a wonderful smoky effect once all three colours had been blended in. You can also use each colour separately if you wanted and they would still look really nice.

After wearing the eye shadow for about 5 hours, I did begin to notice it started to crease. However, this was without using a primer and with a primer, it didn’t crease at all. Unfortunately though, not everyone uses primers and without it, this eye shadow set doesn’t really hold up too well. I like the colours well enough but as they don’t work very well without the use of addition products, this makes them not quite as good as they could have been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment