Thursday 25 July 2013

L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist Conditioner

After trying the L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist Shampoo, I wanted to try the conditioner as well to see if it strengthened the results. The Triple Resist range from L’Oreal aims to reinforce and nourish broken or brittle hair, making it appear healthier and to help prevent breakage. For a 400ml bottle, you can expect to pay roughly £3.99 depending on where you buy the product from. When I bought my bottle, it was on offer in Wilkos for £2.99.  

What I love about this range of L’Oreal is the packaging. Instead of a boring conditioner bottle, this one comes in black and bright pink. The packaging instantly stood out to me on the shelf in the shop and it is far more attractive than others I have on the shelf in my bathroom. The bottle has text giving the name of the product and what is does printed in white although some is highlighted by the pink. The bottle states that this shampoo is for fine and fragile hair and Loreal explain that ‘you put your hair through daily torture and sometimes it can lack essential nourishment. Weakened, your hair has a tendency to break and fall out.’

The opening of the bottle is at the bottom, like with most conditioners and is a pink flip cap. The cap opens really easily and the bottle only needs a gentle squeeze in order for the white conditioner to come out. The conditioner is quite thick in consistency but not so much that you cannot smooth it over your hair easily. This also has the same scent as the shampoo from the same range, which is quite floral and girly.

When applying the conditioner, I did so only to the ends and the middle of my hair. I never put conditioner on my roots as it tends to make my hair greasy and besides, this one aims to helps broken ends which is exactly what I needed. While the conditioner is quite thick, you don’t need to use too much of it. I have hair that goes half way down my back but I only used a small blob of conditioner. This means that the 400ml bottle will last quite a long time, and even longer for those with short hair.

When just using the shampoo, my hair felt great after a shower but with the addition of the matching conditioner, I couldn’t believe the results. My hair was instantly a lot softer and smoother than it would normally have been at this point, especially when wet. I could comb through my hair with complete easy and no time was spent getting those horrible knots out. After blow drying, my hair felt thicker than normal, soft and it also smelt fantastic. I love how the scent of the conditioner sticks to hair after rinsing it out and drying it. The scent also lasts really well, which is something I don’t get from many other hair products.


Combined with the shampoo, this conditioner works exceptionally well. I have noticed that my hair falls out and breaks so much less than it did before I started using these products so it’s nice to not find random hairs all over my clothes and my flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment