Monday 1 July 2013

George Tie Dye Maxi Skirt


When shopping for some holiday clothes, Asda is a great place to visit as they have wonderful options for great prices. I wanted something I could wear during the day and also at night so that I could cut down on what I need to pack for my holiday. Something that stood out to me was the selection of maxi skirts. I have many maxi dresses but never thought of buying a skirt. I decided on the George Tie Dye Maxi Skirt which cost £12.

Like a maxi dress, this skirt is very long. The actual length of the skirt is roughly 38 inches / 96.5 cm and as I am 5’5, it is slightly too long for me. However, this is the style of these kinds of skirts and it doesn’t drag along the floor too much while wearing flat shoes. With a pair of heels or wedges, this skirt is just the right length for me but I think taller ladies will struggle with the length if they want to dress it up with heeled shoes.

Not only is the skirt long but it flows wonderfully and looks extremely feminine. I chose this particular maxi skirt due to the design, which is a blue tie dye effect. There is a range of different blues within the material of the skirt as well as white which breaks up the blue nicely. Each of the tie dye sections are different in width which is also nice because it doesn’t look boring. The top tie dye layer of the skirt is made from a see through material but as this is fully lined, it doesn’t matter at all. The lining is dark blue so it goes really nicely with the other colours on the skirt. The lining is made from cotton whereas the top layer is made from polyester.

Due to the lining being made from cotton, this skirt has a great, lightweight feel to it but it also doesn’t cling to the legs at all. I like this fact a lot because I plan to take the skirt to Florida with me and I definitely do not want this sticking to my legs all day long. As well as being cool to wear, the skirt is also extremely comfortable. The long, flowy design makes this a perfect skirt for summer. It hides a multitude of sins as it does cover the whole leg area and sits quite high on the waist so to not create any unattractive lines.

This is by far one of my favourite items bought for this summer as it is so comfortable and easy to wear. I will definitely be getting my £12 worth out of this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment