Wednesday 30 January 2013

Wilko Candle In Glass


The product in question for this review is the Wilko Candle in Glass. I love Vanilla scented candles so I'm always on the lookout for new ones. As this is a Wilko product, you will only be able to find it in store or online. You can buy this one here.
The reason why I bought this candle (multiples of it actually) is because it was already housed in a glass casing. Most candles from Wilkinson don’t have any kind of covering unless you buy candle holders from them. This vanilla scented candle is only £1 and it has a lovely glass casing which I assume will be reusable. The glass is nice and thick and you can see that it won’t break easily. The candle inside is also of a decent size with about an inch left clear from the top. The candle is white in colour which goes with the vanilla scent and has a small white wick in the middle.
This candle is so much better than the cheap tealights you can get from Wilkinson. There is no advice anywhere about how long the candle is supposed to last for although I have been burning one for roughly 7 hours and there is still way over half of the wax left. The scent of vanilla is also really strong with this candle, which is something that you don’t get with the tealights. The wick burns really brightly and as I normally have 4 of these burning at any one time, they light up my bedroom really well. I have these on my bedside table so 4 of them give off enough light for me to be able to read next to them.
I really like these candles in comparison to the cheaper items available. Once the candle are blown out, they do give off quite a lot of smoke which is my only real negative about this product. It takes a little while for the smoke to clear and that isn’t a good thing when I blow them out just before going to sleep. However, I would definitely buy this candle again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment